September 27, 2012 at 12:12pm
I Ain’t No Lee Harvey Oswald But I Got Bullets, Baby…
- There’s a guy at work who pees in the handicap stall even if there are urinals and other stalls available. I can understand why he might have deep-seated Freudian issues of inadequacy which require a private area. But something the size of a handball court?
- Many say or write “deep-seeded” which is incorrect. I worked “deep-seated” in just to subtly let you know that I know the difference.
- I was supposed to go to Austin today but I’m going next week instead. I’m relieved. I wasn’t ready.
- Mitt Romney’s Presidential campaign represents the largest number of jobs he has ever created in his business career. Hats off, Mitt!
- I used chat rather than phone to interact with Dish Network last week and it was far superior to phone support. I like having an audit trail of the stuff they say. It helps me understand the problem better plus when they make shit up, I can rub their nose in it. You can cut and paste it into a word doc and when you get the “how did we do?” email message, you drop it in there so someone’s boss can see what hapless customers are being told. One for the little guy!
- I’ve mentioned before that our office is nearly Idyllic. Everyone gets along. It’s fun. Intense but in a good way. You don’t feel like you’re on the verge of getting fired every other day. Very little politics. People put baked goods in the breakroom most days.
- BUT someone came in and took the brown pens from my whiteboard. This distresses me. Not one. Two. I use the brown pens a lot. WTF. The red one is missing too but that doesn’t bother me so much. I feel violated.