For the love of a lousy buck...
Drive-By Truckers are on Conan tonight!
I’m trying to endure Kristen Chenoweth to get to them but I might not be that strong.
I thought I was here but I was on Facebook and so the hate mail is pouring in.
Reblogging because Shepard.
It’s OK to hate people for no other reason other than they are wearing Google Glass. And the word is “glasses.” It’s plural.
Nice job, HBO Detective Story…
Watched almost the whole season last night. I’m officially sucked completely in. What an awesome show.
What's your best misheard lyric?
Mine is the off-roading anthem “Dirty deeds and the thunder Jeep.”
"I’m friends with mustard on the side of my bread"
My favorite is when my friend thought the line from…
John Cougar Mellencamp “I fight with Dorothy and Dorothy always wins.”
Jimi Hendrix: “Excuse me while I kiss this guy.”
And the Oscar goes to…
A few words on the Academy Awards last night…
- I saw more of the nominated pictures than I ever have before so it was really fun to watch.
- I watched it with the witty, knowledgeable and gorgeous @loriverses so it was really, really fun to watch.
- Ellen DeGeneres is likable and funny. If Ricky Gervais would have said, “I salute you, sir” to Liza Minnelli, there would have been hell to pay. Because Ellen is likable and Ricky is not so much if you are not inclined to his humor (I am inclined).
- Lost in that previous bullet: I’m a big Ellen fan even though I haven’t seen her daytime show and probably never will, she’s hilarious.
- Picture bit: Fantastic.
- Pizza bit: Maybe too much build up with not nearly enough of a comedic payoff.
- I’m old enough that Steve McQueen is a gritty dude driving a green Mustang wildly through the streets of San Francisco.
- Matthew McConaughey’s acceptance speech was fantastic. For a guy who built his early career around taking his shirt off, he did a great job. It may be time to reevaluate him.
- I didn’t see Gravity but every acceptance speech by off-screen people (SFX, etc) gushed about Sandra Bullock but gave George Clooney only a cursory mention. Kind of gave me the impression that Clooney is an asshole or at the very least did that movie for the money and wasn’t invested in the process. Maybe those of you “in the know” have the backstory. I dunno.
- I’m stunned that Robert Redford’s “All is Lost” was ignored.
- Bill Fucking Murray came through for his lost friend and made me so proud.
- Nothing ruins an acceptance speech like thanking the publicist. Your family, people who worked on the movie, fine. I like the illusion that you’re an artist and not some insecure future reality show contestant. Help a brother out.
Altamont Sunday with the amazing @loriverses. (at Altamont Beer Works)